If you have a blog where you write about theology, there are certainly several biblical references to support your argument. You can’t quote all the texts in full because search engines can punish your blog’s SEO for containing copied texts.
If you leave only the Biblical references, they are often ignored by users, as many do not have the time or willingness to look up each of the Biblical references.
Thinking about solving this problem, what this plugin does is a scan of all references present in your text and adds an
ABBR tag containing the text of the quoted verse.
When the user hovers over the mouse, a popup will open containing the biblical text. That way, the usability of your Christian blog will be much better and your users will thank you.
Supported reference formats
- João 3:16 parses a single verse
- 1 John 5:11-12 parses two verses separated with hyphen
- I John 5:11,14-15 parses a verse followed by a range separated with comm
- Romanos 7:25-8:1 parses two chapter/verse pairs separated with hyphen
- Romanos 12:1,2 parses two versions separated with comma
- Rm 12:1-2,4,13
- Rm 12:1-2,4,13;13:2;14:2-4,6
About the operation
The plugin extracts, through regex, the biblical references present in the posts, then a tag is added highlighting the biblical reference to indicate to the user the need to hover. As soon as the user hovers over the reference or taps on the cell phone, a request is made to our API, where the biblical text is returned.
At the moment, there is no need for extra configuration, nor is it necessary to edit your posts to flag or edit the references, as seen in other plugins with the same proposal.
Operation is completely automated.
From inside the panel (recommended)
- Navigate to
- Search for
WP Custom Code;
- Download the plugin as a .zip file;
- Unzip the downloaded file and upload the
bible-verses-referencefolder to the
- Navigate to
Pluginsand activate the plugin.
What is the bible translation version of the plugin?
The version used is João Ferreira de Almeida
ഈ പ്ലഗിന് റിവ്യൂകൾ ഒന്നുമില്ല.
Contributors & Developers
“Bible Verses References” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- chore: writing error in the translation function;
- translation: complete translation in pt_BR;
- improvements: now the popup arrow is not misaligned;
- improvements: greater precision when searching for references;
- chore: add icon to indicate reference with available popup;
- refactor: regex update for get more reference;
- feat: Added settings page to select translation;
- chore: update translation pt_BR.
- Initial version