- Do you hate to hit logout, in order to protect your wordpress data each time you take a quick break and leave your dashboard?
- Do you hate entering long secure passwords to resume your work each time?
- Do you hate to browse all the way to the inner page where you have been working, each time after logging in?
- Are you concerned about security when you select “Remember me” before you login?
- Did you ever want to lock your dashboard using a simple PIN?
Lock UnLock replaces Logout Login! Just a 4 digit PIN is all you need.
Being hardcore users of WordPress, we know for certain how time consuming and irritating it is, when you have to logout and login to your dashboard between your blogging or content management sessions. Each time after logging in, you will have to browse to that particular page where you have to resume your work. Here we present an absolutely lightweight plugin which can change your life for good. Simply install the plugin, set a easy 4 digit PIN and you are done. You can Lock and Unlock your dashboard with this 4 digit PIN.
Instead of logging out of your user session each time, simply press the short key (CTRL+Q) or the lock icon adjacent to the logout button and you will have your dashboard locked. Enter the PIN to Unlock and you are back to where you had paused your work. You can always be logged in, still lock your dashboard just using the easy PIN. You can even set auto-lock on timeout to ensure your data is secure. Just to add some color, you will be able to set background images of your choice and even slide shows of those, on your lock screen.
Dashboard Quick Lock does not interfere with wordpress’ secure native login and sessions. This is just an extra layer to protect your work without logging out, but by locking the dashboard using a 4 digit PIN. You do not have to worry about security when you click “Remember me” before you login as your PIN will protect you from now on acting as a Security Lock.
PIN based lock
Include few HD backgrounds
Include many background colors
Users can select background image from their library
Auto lock when idle
Upload ‘dashboard-quick-lock’ directory ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Goto ‘DQ Lock’ on left side navigation and change PIN
And you can change the appearnce of lock screen from same settings page
- Whats the purpose of DQ lock or why should you use DQ lock?
WordPress doesn’t have a feature to lock the dashboard, which leave us with no other options than to logout each time when we leave our system for a few minutes or more. Doing this kill every tasks that we were working on at that moment in the WP dashboard, and we have to restart all of them again to resume. Not just that, we also have to remember the toughest/weirdest password (which was created to avoid hacking). DQ lock comes with a simple solution to this problem. Our UX is so rich (not that we want to brag about it) it will speak for itself.
- Is it secure?
Yes Dashboard Quick Lock is secure. DQ lock never stores or pass any user credentials through the code. The lock screen PIN is encrypted before it is stored in the database.
- What if I forgot the secure PIN?
No need to worry, you can easily switch sign-in option and use your WP password to login back or use the switch user option and get WP’s default login form. Once you are in, you can reset the PIN from the DQ lock settings.
- Is my PIN encrypted?
Yes, the PIN is encrypted before getting stored in the database.
- Is my password getting compromised?
No. We’re not storing user password at any given point.
- Is the DQ setting global or user specific?
All DQ settings are user specific, that is, each user can set their own PIN, lock screen appearance and auto lock period.
- Which all user role gets the DQ lock option?
Except for users with ‘subscriber’ role, all users get DQ lock feature. (All user roles which have WP ‘edit_post’ or ‘edit_page’ capabilities gets the DQ lock option)
- Is the lock browser specific or user specific?
DQ lock uses browser cookie to lock and unlock the dashboard, hence its browser specific. This way it will not affect multi signin, that is if more than one user have logged in using the same credentials (but different computer) then locking the dashboard in any one of the system won’t affect others.
- The above mentioned is more like a technical answer, but even without this technicality if you like to experience something new this plugin is worth giving a shot.
ഈ പ്ലഗിന് റിവ്യൂകൾ ഒന്നുമില്ല.
Contributors & Developers
“Dashboard Quick Lock” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial Releaze
- Security patch.
- Fixed compatibility issues with other plugins.
- Tested plugin compatibility up to WP 4.4.