This plugin adds the ability to put a shortcode tag in any static page or post and have it display the latest tweets for a particular twitter user.
It generates markup like this, which you can style as desired:
<ul class='tweets'> <li>@<a class='atreply' href='http://twitter.com/jane'>jane</a> Please dance a jig. <span class='date'><a href='http://twitter.com/me/status/2345'>3 hours ago</a></span></li> <li>Anyone used TotalFinder? <a href='http://t.co/blah'>http://t.co/blah</a> Saw it on @<a class='atreply' href='http://twitter.com/bob'>bob</a>'s machine and am intrigued. <span class='date'><a href='http://twitter.com/me/status/1234'>6 hours ago</a></span></li> </ul>
- Upload the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip it.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create ‘wp-content/cache/latest_tweets/’ and make sure it is writable by the web server.
- Put your Twitter credentials in twitter.api.keys.json. Make sure this file is not world-readable. You can get these from https://dev.twitter.com/apps
[get_latest_tweets username="somename"]in your pages.
നവംബർ 2, 2016
Hi Paul, thanks for this great plugin. I just updated to the latest version... and now the german special characters like ä ü ö don't show up any more. Is there a simple solution for that? Thanks Chris
Contributors & Developers
“Get Latest Tweets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Get Latest Tweets” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- More WordPress VIP coding standards
- refactored in to class
- when JSON contains an error, output it
- updated “tested up to” to 4.3.1
- WordPress VIP coding standards; updated “tested up to” to 4.1
- “Tested up to” updated to 3.9.1
- Now uses version 1.1 of the Twitter API — requires Twitter API credentials
- Fix “Tested up to” and make sure version numbers sync up
- Updated for new twitter API (thanks, @byjuhohn)
- Fixed tweet permalinks (credit: Wouter den Boer)
- Initial release.