Pushover for WooCommerce integrates WooCommerce with the Pushover notifications app for Android and iOS.
After installation and setup automatic notifications can be sent to your device for new orders, low stock, backorder and out of stock notifications.
Follow this plugin on GitHub.
Translations and pull requests are welcome!
Here is a video of installation
Step 1. Install the extension
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. Click on Plugins | Add New from the left hand menu
- Click on the “Upload” option, then click “Browse” to select the zip file from your computer.
- After the zip file has been selected press the “Install Now” button.
- On the Plugins page, find the row for the “Pushover for WooCommerce” plugin and press “Activate”
Step 2. Setup Pushover Account
To receive notifications you will need to purchase the Pushover App for Android (http://pushover.net/clients/android) or iOS (http://pushover.net/clients/ios)
You will also need to create an account at http://pushover.net
Register for an account on pushover.net
1a. Login to your account at pushover.net
1b. On your dashboard the first field in the “Your User Key” section is your User Key
Setup Website App
2a. To setup your WooCommerce site go to https://pushover.net/apps
2b. Press “Create a New Application”
- Add a name
- Set Type to “Website”
- Add a description
- Set URL to the base URL of your WooCommerce site
- Optional: Choose an image URL to use for an Icon.
- Check the box for Terms of Service
- Press “Create Application”
2c. The API Token/Key for your application is your Site API Token
Optional: Login to your device and add a name for it.
Step 3. Setup WooCommerce Pushover Integration
- Login to your WordPress site
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings and click on the Integration tab
- Click on the “Pushover” link
- Click the “Enable” checkbox to turn on notifications
- Set the Site API Token to the value from 2c. above
- Set the User API Token to the value from 1b. above
- Set a priority.
- Optionally add a device name to limit notifications to. If left blank notifications will go to all devices.
- Under “Notifications” check the box next to any notifications you want to receive on your device
- Optionally press “Send Test Notification” to test your settings
- Press “Save changes”
Q. Is there a limit to the number of notifications I receive?
A. The current limit of notifications is 7,500 per month
Q. What is the length of a notification?
A. Notifications are limited to 512 characters, including a title. URL’s are limited to 500 characters, URL titles are limited to 50 characters.
Contributors & Developers
“Pushover for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Pushover for WooCommerce” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Tested with WooCommerce 6.7.0
* Tested with WordPress 6.0.1
* Test with WooCommerce 5.6
* Add filter to return of WC_Pushover::replace_fields_custom_message()
* Add ‘retry’ and ‘expire’ settings.
* Verify Emergency priority messages are sent correctly.
* Add args to filters.
* Add PHP doc.
* Change WC_Pushover::wc_pushover_init() method name to WC_Pushover::maybe_send_test_message() for clarity.
* Fix Send Test Notification
* Verify with WordPress 5.4
* Verify with WooCommerce 4.0
* Tested with WooCommerce 3.9
* Removed support for WooCommerce 2.x
* Added direct link to edit order page – Thanks @galapogos01
* Fixing formatting and PHPCS Doc
* Moved debug log to WC_Logger
* Added Phone field for messages
* Added sounds: https://pushover.net/api#sounds
* Added Slovenian translation
* Added user defined notifications for all messages.
* Testing with WC 3.3.3 and WordPress 4.9.4
* Update field labels to clarify key vs. token. thanks @jcs!
* Update for getting product title.
* Improvement to settings page
* Fix Documentation and plugin links
* Added priority to set message priority ref: https://pushover.net/api#priority
* Fixed multiple new order sends when PayPal Standard is used
* Verified WooCommerce 2.4.0 compatibility
* Updated links
* Added better logging functions.
* Updated branding
* WordPress 4.0.1 testing
* Added plugin icon
* WooCommerce 2.2 compatibility
* Fixed admin settings page link
* Fixed send test message redirect page
* Fixed text domain
* Added notification when an order totals $0.
* Updated branding and links
* Fixed low and no stock notifications hook.
* Fixed currency symbol – now sending symbol for WooCommerce base currency
* Fixed fatal error from undefined is_woocommerce_active() function call
* First Version