This plugin allows you to easily add Twitter @Anywhere to your blog, enabling the @Anywhere features:
- Auto-linkification of @usernames
- Follow button
- Tweet Boxes
- Retweet button
You can enable and configure each function from the plugin settings page:
- Customize the label, content and dimensions of your Tweet Boxes.
- Display the post title and short URL into the Tweet Box.
- Shorten your URLs with bit.ly or is.gd.
- Insert custom Tweet Boxes by using shortcodes.
- Clicking the Retweet button will launch a special Tweet Box with Lightbox effect (screenshot).
- Choose from two Twitter birds to be displayed above the Retweet Box 🙂
- English (en_US)
- Spanish (es_ES)
- French (fr_CA)
- Belorussian (be_BY)
In order to use @Anywhere, you must first register your blog for a free API key with Twitter. You can do so at the following URL: http://dev.twitter.com/anywhere/apps/new (FAQ)
- English (en_US) [default]
- Spanish (es_ES)
- French (fr_CA) – Charles Desaulniers
- Belorussian (be_BY) – Marcis G.
You can help translating the plugin into your language.
tap-default.po file included with the plugin.
- Upload the
twitter-anywhere-plusfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginspage in your WordPress administration panel.
- Enter your Twitter @Anywhere API key on the
Settings -> Twitter @Anywhere Pluspage.
- Where can I find more information about Twitter @Anywhere?
- Where do I get a Twitter @Anywhere API key for my blog?
- How do I fill the form to create a new @Anywhere application?
- Application Name: My blog
- Application Website: http://www.myblog.com
- Callback URL: http://www.myblog.com
- Default Access type: Read & Write
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter @Anywhere Plus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Twitter @Anywhere Plus” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added new URL shortener: is.gd
- Now you must provide your own bit.ly username and API key.
- Retweet button can be placed in any corner of your posts.
- The container div of the Tweet Box is now centered.
- Added URL shortener (bit.ly)
- Display the Tweet Box and Retweet button either in posts or pages.
- Improved “Tweet” button enabling for all the Tweet Boxes.
- Fixed issue with Google Chrome when using more than one Tweet Box.
- Added custom Tweet Boxes by using shortcodes.
- More customizable Tweet Box content.
- Settings page improved.
- Added French translation by Charles Desaulniers (Siliticx.ca)
- “Tweet” button enabled when mouse over the Tweet Box, and always enabled in the Retweet Box.
- Now “post title and short URL” works for everyone (
- Now you can choose between two Twitter birds or none.
- Improved Retweet button image (valid for any background color).
- Added Retweet button feature (Tweet Box with Lightbox effect).
- Added Tweet Box feature.
- Bugfix: newline before
- Added Belorussian translation by Marcis G. (PC.DE)
- Initial release.