Display contents in Sidebar Widgets, beyond your imagination. Examples: Quote|Joke|Photo of the Day, Advertisements, Twitter Feeds, Forex Rates, anything else. All at your own configuration.
Follow the installation methods below.
After installation, configure the Power Box in WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets. Drag a Power Box widget and configure what to show.
You can use several power-box windows at once.
- Go to your WP Admin > Plugins > Add New page.
- Search for “Power Box”.
- Click install. Click activate.
- Download this plugin as a .zip file.
- Go to WP Admin > Plugins > Add new > Upload Plugin.
- Upload the .zip file and activate the plugin.
- Download the file power-box.zip.
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Upload folder power-box (you just unziped) to /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the WP Admin > Plugins menu.
- How many Power Boxes can I use?
You may use multiple power boxes at once. But too many boxes may slow down because WP has to be busy fetching all the remote URLs.
- Is it safe to embed third party contents?
As a matter of rule, do not point to untrusted source.
- What are the possible implementations?
Quotation of the day is a very generic example. You can link it to third party notices, advertisements, Twitter feeds, Forex Rates, Pictures, … and almost anything else.
- Do I need to create my Content Server?
- How can I create my own Micro Content Server?
- Can I customize the output?
You can pass parameters as GET in the URL. And, your content server should respond accordingly. Take care of customization while creating your micro content server.
- Why should I create my micro content server?
Shortly, to design the contents yourself. If you can use the public content APIs, ok.
ഈ പ്ലഗിന് റിവ്യൂകൾ ഒന്നുമില്ല.
Contributors & Developers
“Power Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested with micro-service url.